Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brian_runo
Community Member

Bug with loading Pages section - 4K+ Monitor

Is anyone else having this issue?

Browser: Any Browser

Resolution: 3200 X 1800

So I think I found a bug in how the pages section is rendering on high resolution monitors. Essentially, when I have my browser window above a certain height, specifically when I can see the "loading now" with the spinning icon on the bottom and have room underneath, it stops loading my pages. The workaround I found was to reduce the height of the browser window to slightly below the "loading now" icon at the bottom even just momentarily so that the page links will load. You can see a screencast of the issue and the workaround here: Canvas Pages Bug

This will occur on Chrome, Firefox, or Safari whenever the height is too big like if I want to make it take up half of my screen or use the OSX maximize button.

34 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@brian_runo ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Nope. This is still not fixed... I answered my own problem and posted the workaround, but the back-end code is still broken

smott
Community Member

The problem is still recurring. I confirm that the workaround of shrinking the vertical height of the window and then maximizing it again does work, but it took a long time to figure this out. I'd rather have a "Load More" button if needs be where I can manually trigger the display of additional pages than rely on an automated script that may not be triggered because my monitor is "too awesome." Smiley Happy

c_housley
Surveyor

I also have this problem on a 2560 x 1440 monitor. Basically the 'lazyload' feature only works on the window.scroll event. If the window size is taller than 1350 pixels there won't be a scroll bar and so the user will never be able to trigger the scroll event (without resizing the window) and the "Loading more" message will go around and around forever.

I'm honestly surprised this still isn't fixed. 

Have you tried following up with Instructure support for an update on the issue?

Yep. I even spoke with some Instructure/Canvas reps at a conference directly. 

I can confirm that Instructure was able to replicate the issue and has opened a ticket for the engineering team to review. That was on the 10th May. I think this is the reference number of the bug tracker, for what it's worth: ref:_00DA0Ibsk._500A0agJks:ref

... actually the case number is 03105740.

hasti
Learner II

This is still broken almost 2 years after it was initially mentioned!!! I only have 40 pages in my Pages index right now and I still have to do the ridiculous resizing to see all my files.