cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Button Groups in global navigation

Hi all!

What do I need to do to see the button Groups in the global navigation (for me and my students)? I created in my course 'Groups' of students. I don't see this button in the global navigation. I think with this button, my students and I can go directly into the group. That must be very handy. 

What's the problem here? 🤔

Thanks, Barbara 🙂

Spoiler

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @barbara_defreyn ...

When you set up groups of students in your course (via the "People" page of your course), it is not possible to assign yourself to any Group within a Group Set.  This is because you have the "Teacher" role, and only users with the "Student" role can be assigned to Groups.  When students are added to one or more groups in a given course, they will see the "Groups" button on the left-hand global navigation menu.  But, because you are the instructor, you will not see that button.  The only way you would see this button is if you were also enrolled in a course as a student.  From an instructor's point of view, you can go into each of your student groups by following the instructions in this Guide: How do I view content and student activity within ... - Canvas Community.

I hope this will help in some way to answer your question.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Thanks for the quick answer!!!! 😀