cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Buttons to Individual Modules

I have the following modules - Music Theory, Solfege and Rhythm.  (There are more, but to help keep this questions brief).  Can I make a button that says "Music Theory" and it takes me to the Music Theory module and not the page that lists the modules?  (I would do the same with the other buttons - one that says "Solfege" that takes me to the Solfege Module, etc).  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @lea_eilers ...

Wow...it's been years since I've heard the mention of "solfege".  Bring me back to my days in elementary school music class.  To answer your question, yes, this should be possible.  This Guide, How do I insert links to course content into the Rich Content Editor using the Content Selector as a..., should be of help to you.  When you are making your link, you would select the "Modules" button on content selector, and then you should see your list of modules to select the one you want to link to.  A similar process would be carried out if you are using the New Rich Content Editor: How do I create hyperlinks to course content in the New Rich Content Editor as an instructor?.

I hope this will help, Lea.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

Highlighted
Explorer II

I have had a similar question and the behavior that I seem to see in Canvas is that when you link to a module it takes you to the module in the browser (centers it) but you can still see the other modules (unless the user has collapsed the other modules). I think students can get used to this as they use Canvas, but I find my students need more structure until they are used to how modules work.. 

What I have done as a workaround I learned from some of the course templates in the Commons (How do I use Commons? ) is I created a homepage for each of the modules. I have the buttons on my course home page to direct to these different pages How do I create a new page in a course?  . You can also How do I add course content as module items?  as a way to add a new page directly from a module.

I design the specific module's homepage for my classes to have a map of the module's requirements (like an outline) with links, and they can also navigate using the "next" button in Canvas. It has worked pretty well.

I hope this helps, 

Cheers!

Reid 

0 Kudos
Labels