cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael_venacci
Community Member

CANNOT ACCESS CANVAS BADGES FROM PDL 750C

Hi..

I cannot access the CANVAS Badges section using the link in PDL 750 C, keep getting error messages when I click on Login to give Canvas Badges access to the CANVAS account. Has anyone out there had the same problem and how was it solved?

Did reload my browser.

Michael G. Venaccio

Park University

Tags (1)
4 Replies
jward
Instructure
Instructure

Hey Michael,

The first time you click on a badge link in a module, you will need to give Canvabadges permission to post that badge to your Canvas account. If you are getting error messages after you authorize Canvabadges access, let me know what that error says and I'll see if I can help with that one, too.

Jared.

I'm running into an error as well and would appreciate some help. I've added Canvabadges as an app in a test course and it seems like the configuration is correct. When I go to add an external tool in a module, it appropriately brings up Canvabadges and goes through the initial "Canvabadges is requesting access to your account". After clicking "Login", I get "Error authenticating user, please contact the system admin".

Anyone have any ideas for what might be going on here? While I am only testing adding this in a single course right now, I am an admin for Canvas at my school so I have some wiggle room should it be some admin-side issue that needs addressing.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

Deactivated user​,

Have you been able to resolve this issue?

Robbie

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

I am going to mark this question as "assumed answered" since we have not heard back from you Deactivated user​.  Let us know if you need to discuss this further!