CANVAS teacher app - samsung s6 lite

Jump to solution
Physics84
Community Member

Asked and answered here encase it helps others. I have many teaching assistants who use Samsung s4 tablets and the 'canvas teacher' app for speed grading many students' reports. Recently, I tried out the Samsung s6 lite because it is budget friendly. I noticed the s6 lite screen resolution is not as good as the s4 or probably what the s6 or s7 would offer. When in the default screen zoom on the samsung s6 lite if you are trying to use speedgrader to grade say many pdfs, you will notice 1/3rd of the screen wasted with the comments bar. This bar will not be collapsible. To solve this problem one would need to adjust the screen zoom of the samsung s6 lite higher (to the 3rd or middle zoom setting). This is under settings - display - screen zoom. Then if you close the 'canvas teacher app' and reopen it, you will see that the speedgrader now has a collapsible bar for the grade/comments/file. Hence, a full pdf page will show and grading with the s-pen will be friendly and like having a sheet of paper in front of you. Note, the larger resolution s4, etc are nicer, but for the budget conscience this makes the samsung s6 lite workable. Sincerely, Physics84

Labels (1)
1 Solution
rseilham
Community Champion

@Physics84

Thanks for sharing! There are so many kinds of Android tablets that I'm sure the Samsung S6 lite isn't the only tablet that sees this issue. It's nice to have your fix to share with others if they run into any problems. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Likes