Calendar Default Issue

Jump to solution
kriscampbell
Community Novice

I have a teacher whose calendar is defaulting to August 2017. We went into settings to verify the calendar date and correct time zone for this school year. It is confusing for 4th graders to have to click 2 years worth to get to the correct calendar month. How can you permanently change the calendar so that is defaulting on the right month and year? #calendar

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @kriscampbell  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  I assume this is happening to just one user and not everyone, or else there could a a local/network issue at play.  But I have had this happen to me and have witnessed it many times with faculty, and it will sometimes occur for seemingly no reason at all.  I was conducting a workshop once, demonstrating what a super-great system Canvas is, when I clicked on a due date calendar and it came up with January 1900!  (Which I would love to test now with the new Late Policy in the New Gradebook.)  But in all seriousness, sometimes a browser refresh/cache clear may help.

HOWEVER, there IS another, official solution posted here to see if it will help:  Clicking a date on Calendar shows wrong date .  You may want to see if a language setting is at play here.

If that does not help, my main "solution" has been to wait a bit and it will eventually clear itself.  (Oh, and try a different browser!)

View solution in original post

0 Likes