cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Calendar Events Show dot but not visible in APP

Jump to solution

Several coworkers of mine are having difficulty seeing the events in the iOS App.  When the students log into the computer, the events are visible.  When they log into the app, the dots are visible on the calendar BUT when you click on the day, the little Panda keeps running and nothing comes up.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello keeley.lowery@southlakecarroll.edu​...

I just tested this out in my own Canvas sandbox course.  I went to the calendar and created a brand new event for tomorrow.  Then, I logged into my account inside the iOS app on my iPhone.  I was able to see the calendar event and open it up just fine.  If you and your co-workers are still having issues, I would suggest that you click on the "Help" link at the top right corner of your Canvas screen and select "Report a Problem" so that the Instructure Help Desk staff can help you troubleshoot.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello keeley.lowery@southlakecarroll.edu​...

I just tested this out in my own Canvas sandbox course.  I went to the calendar and created a brand new event for tomorrow.  Then, I logged into my account inside the iOS app on my iPhone.  I was able to see the calendar event and open it up just fine.  If you and your co-workers are still having issues, I would suggest that you click on the "Help" link at the top right corner of your Canvas screen and select "Report a Problem" so that the Instructure Help Desk staff can help you troubleshoot.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

For me it works fine. We just have two teachers in my school that it is not working fine for. I am thinking there is a setting somewhere that we missed when setting her their pages. I cannot find it. I have pulled their accounts and settings up side by side with mine and cannot find what is missed.

Highlighted

Hi keeley.lowery@southlakecarroll.edu​...

How many e-mail addresses does each teacher have in his/her profile?  If it is just one e-mail address, was it brought in via your SIS (Student Information System)?  Or, by chance, were the e-mail addresses inputted by hand?  Have you checked to make sure that the e-mail addresses don't have any spaces before or after the addresses?  Just trying to eliminate some possibilities.

Highlighted

We all only have one email address in the system. We put them in ourselves.

Highlighted

keeley.lowery@southlakecarroll.edu​...

ok.  Have you confirmed that each e-mail address doesn't have any spaces before or after such as "jdoe@domain.com " (I intentionally put a space in after .com here.)  Again, trying to rule out any possibilities for you.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

keeley.lowery@southlakecarroll.edu​, I am hopeful that you asked each of the teachers affected to submit his or her own help ticket to Canvas Support, as that would be the best way to remedy this issue. I'm going to mark chofer@morainepark.edu's first reply with the "Correct Answer" designation. The discussion remains open for participation, and feel free to update us on the result.

Highlighted

We were actually looking today for where the ticket submission is. We got distracted before we found it. I have told them.

On another note, we did not set up our email addresses in the system. I will have to ask out district admin because it was done for us.

Highlighted

Okay. Where is the "submit a ticket" button?

Highlighted

keeley.lowery@southlakecarroll.edu​, your teachers working in the Canvas iOS app should be able to see a Help link in the upper left corner of the app, as depicted in this guide: How do I use the Canvas app on my iPad? When they click on Help, the first item they should see in the dropdown is the "Report a Problem" option chofer@morainepark.edu​ mentioned. They can then submit their help ticket(s) by filling out the fields in the Report a Problem form.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels