cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Calendar View

Jump to solution

I managed to change some setting in my calendar so that my assignments show up in a truncated form as indicted in the image below.  I want to see the full entries.  I think this may be a feature called "quick view" but I can't find a way to change this setting.  Help! Thanks.

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi all,

This is now a known issue with the Calendar, and to keep all information focused in one place I'd recommend following . We can post an update there when the behavior is resolved, or you're also welcome to file a support case.

Thank you!

Erin

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I opened a ticket with Canvas as one of my faculty brought this issue to us. Canvas responded with:

I am sorry that the calendar is cutting off your title entries short. Canvas will show the characters according to you screen display size so if the screen is stretched wider you would be able to see more of the characters. It does not wrap around because it wants to optimize space to allow for several appointments to show on a single day. I am posting link of a video example of me re-sizing my calendar screen so that you can see how the "title of my calendar event shows more or less depending on the screen size of my window.

Highlighted

Thanks.  But my screen settings haven't changed. I still have the same resolution and I was in canvas when suddenly the view changed.  I was seeing multiple assignments on the same day before it changed....

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

packer@aa.edu, I'm not sure why it would change on you all of a sudden. Did you happen to zoom in or out while you were working on something? I'm also not seeing everything on my calendar and when I zoomed out ("Ctrl -" on a PC) I was able to make it so I could see everything on my calendar.

Highlighted
Community Member

I may have, but the individual calendar entries are truncated noatter how much I zoom out.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

My recommendation is to go ahead and put in a ticket to Canvas Support and see if they can help or at least tell you what might be going on - How do I get help with Canvas?

Highlighted

This is new for me too – my long calendar entries used to wrap. So this seems to be a global change by Canvas, not a change by us instructors.

From my perspective, this change doesn't optimize the calendar in any useful way. Wrapping long calendar entries allows my students and I to read any event or assignment title in full. Even with many long titles, it's easy to see a few few weeks of calendar entries on one screen (including a 10" laptop), and quick scroll shows the rest of the month. That's what I call "optimized."

Highlighted
Community Member

I also just heard about this issue from a faculty member I am working with. Here is a screen shot of how the calendar used to work with text wrapping: 3010fa14-Calendar_05.png

I'm not sure when the change happened, but I'm guessing it came with the latest production release.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi all,

This is now a known issue with the Calendar, and to keep all information focused in one place I'd recommend following . We can post an update there when the behavior is resolved, or you're also welcome to file a support case.

Thank you!

Erin

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Erin!

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels