cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tesros-cherian
Community Member

Calendar feed empty?

Jump to solution

I tried to subscribe to my Canvas calendar feed through the iOS app (version 6.6.2) but it's not showing any of my assignments. When I singled out the Canvas calendar feed, it is showing dots, as in there are events on that day, on my calendar but the events themselves are not there. I am using iOS 12.4.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi  @tesros-cherian ‌, 

I'm sorry to hear that didn't work. I would suggest you contact your school's tech support so they can submit a ticket to Canvas support. I think the link below should be your support contact: Client Services Center  - If you get an answer, please report back. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Tes - I know you only posted this question three days ago, but I want to check in. Are these items still missing for you?

Yes they are

Are you viewing the calendar within Canvas Student or are you trying to move content to iCal?

Moving it to iCal. They're all present on my Canvas Student calendar.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tesros-cherian ‌, 

I can subscribe in Calendar, but noticed it took a few minutes for the dots to show actual events. Have you added the calendar, waited 15-20 minutes or so and checked again? I think the initial sync of the calendar can take a few minutes if you have a lot of events/assignments, etc. If you still don't see them, quit the calendar app and check again. 

323257_pastedImage_1.jpg

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tesros-cherian ‌,

I'm following up to see if you were able to figure out this issue. Thanks! 

Hi,

I gave it time (a lot more than the 20 min suggested) and still nothing is showing up.

Hi  @tesros-cherian ‌, 

I'm sorry to hear that didn't work. I would suggest you contact your school's tech support so they can submit a ticket to Canvas support. I think the link below should be your support contact: Client Services Center  - If you get an answer, please report back. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos