Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Calendar sharing just two people

Hi All.

I'm new to canvas admin in our school.

Canvas calendar can be shared in a course or personal using.

Is it possible to use calendar in two specified persons?

for example, sharing a teacher and a student only.

I apologize that my English sentences are clumsy

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hello, syamagata‌! The only way a calendar can be shared privately between a single teacher and a single student is if they are the only two people enrolled in a course; the teacher can then share the course calendar with the student for that course only. My suggestion doesn't sound like something that would be practical or useful, so I wonder if you could describe the situation in more detail. If you can tell us more, perhaps the Community can come up with innovative ways to accomplish what you're looking for without using the calendar.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi syamagata Welcome , and welcome to the Canvas Community.

You English sentences are just fine, and I think we understand what you are asking.

You could use the iCal feed available in Canvas Calendars to subscribe to the Canvas Calendar from either an Outlook Calendar or a Google Calendar that you have only made available to two users. Unfortunately, the iCal feed is only one way - from Canvas to the external calendar, but this may work for your needs.

You can learn more at:

I hope this helps,

Kelley

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello syamagata‌...

I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this particular discussion topic for about two months, so I thought that I would check in with you.  We've not heard from you since you first posted this question on April 3, 2017.  Have you had a chance to review the above postings by stefaniesanders‌ and kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu‌?  If so, did either of their responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still seeking some help with your original question?  If you feel that one of the above responses did answer your question, please feel free to mark it as "Correct".  Yet, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Canvas Community, please post a message below so that we can continue to help you.  For now, because we haven't heard from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for a while, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that's okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon, Sein.