cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Camscanner and canvas (Android)

I use camscanner to submit assignments on my course but every time I try to import to Canvas I get an error message saying: an unexpected error has occurred. If anyone has an answer that would be great thanks!

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Dylan Bodirsky‌: 

I tried to upload a pdf and image file from Camscanner to Canvas but got the same errors you did. I noticed that sometimes this happens with third-party apps, but it's not an issue with the Canvas app, but the way the file is being passed over from the original app (in this case, Camscanner). 

As a workaround, I suggest you export from Camscanner into another app that supports this importing into Canvas. 

For example, PDFs and image files, export to Google Drive, then import from Google Drive into the Canvas app using  "send a copy." You can also export image files to the Photos app and then import into the Canvas app. 

I know this is an extra hoop, but it does work. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

511819@kernhigh.org‌: 

I wanted to follow up to see if my suggestion helped. Thanks! 

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi 511819@kernhigh.org‌! It's been a few weeks since we've heard from you. How are things going with the errors your previously reported? Did Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu's suggestions help? Let us know if you arrived at a solution by replying to this thread. For now, I'm going to mark this question as "assumed answered" but that won't prevent you or anyone else from commenting.

Highlighted
Community Member

My students are having the same issue. For my students they are able to access the Canvas app via Cam Scanner but the current class isn't showing as an option to choose to upload the file. So, they must resort to using Google Drive or Box account. 

Why won't the current class options, for which they are enrolled, show up when accessing Canvas via their Cam Scanner app?