Can Google Cloud assignments use Google's originality reports?

Jump to solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I saw this update recently for those who use Google Suite for Education:

G Suite Updates Blog: Originality reports and rubrics now generally available for Google Classroom u... 

According to Google's page on How an originality report is created, student submissions are checked against billions of pages and tens of millions of books. It looks like there are some features as expected for plagiarism detection.

Since the cloud assignment is basically a Google Classroom assignment, it makes me wonder if this can be added. That would make this tool more attractive, especially for Canvas users who have noticed The Trouble with Rubrics and Google Docs Cloud Assignments.

Is there a way to add this?

1 Solution
MattHanes
Community Champion

You have to setup the new Google Assignments LTI to use the originality reports.

Use Assignments LTI with Canvas - Assignments Help 

I was in some kind of announcement webinar about it. It's currently free but the plan was to add limits (can only use three times) and then monetize it eventually.

In my experience, the new LTI works way better. It allows teachers and students to send multiple files. It transfers the edit rights of the file to the teacher instead of just sending a PDF copy. We regularly had to fix student accounts by deleting tokens with the old LTI. Haven't had to do that even once with the new one.

View solution in original post