cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdavick
Community Member

Can I Assign Quizzes.Next to Specific Students?

In the original quizzes, we could differentiate by assigning the quizzes to specific students, sections, groups or all students. I can't figure out how to choose who the quiz is assigned to. It seems as if it is either all or nothing.

Am I missing something? 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BStutzman
Lamplighter II

In the Quizzes.Next Assignment details, you can scroll down to the bottom to the "assign to" section and choose the groups or individuals to whom you wish to assign the quiz.

Belinda,

Can you please help me find assignment details? I haven't been able to locate them. 

Here is a screenshot of what I am looking at:

300779_Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 12.05.54 PM.png

Hi Sara,

When you are in the build tab, look on the right hand side for a button that says, "Edit Assignment Settings".  This will take you to the section where you can assign the quiz to individual students, groups or sections.

Belinda, I feel like I must be crazy. I can NOT find that button anywhere. When you say to go to the build tab do you mean open the page I have open here? Do you see the button you are referring to in my screenshot?

301019_Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 10.56.45 AM.png

I have included a screenshot.  Perhaps your button is near the bottom of your page if you don't see it on the right hand side.  I have my page enlarged. 300834_Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 10.44.54 AM.png

@BStutzman ‌ and  @sdavick ‌, here's a case where both of you are correct—but I'm not sure why. I can confirm that I don't see either of the two buttons (Edit Assignment Details and SpeedGrader) anywhere in the Build interface of my own Quizzes.Next instance. Those buttons are not depicted in any of our documentation as far as I can tell.

While we figure out what might be going on here, we wonder, Belinda, if you are aware of any customizations your school has independently made to the LTI instance for Quizzes.Next. We're checking on our own as well.

And Sara, while we're puzzling this out, here's the documented method for accessing assignment settings for a Quizzes.Next assessment: 

From the Assignments page of the Canvas course, click the Options menu, which is the kabob or three vertical dots that appear to the right of the assignment name, select the Edit option from the dropdown, then click the More Options button at the bottom of the modal. That will open the Assignment Details page where you can differentiate the assignment.

Well, that's weird.  No, I don't know of anything special that we have done in our instance.

sdavick
Community Member

Stefanie,

Thank you, I have found it!

I now remember stumbling over this at some point but could not for the life of me find it again.

I never access my assignments from the assignments page. I always go to them through my modules. I would have assumed the kabob would work the same way there but it does not. That seems very odd to me!

That makes sense and aligns with my workflow.  I was starting with assignments.