cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksmith06
Surveyor

Can I add a google doc to an assignment?

Jump to solution

I am trying to add a google document to an assignment. When I try to load it, it just keeps spinning.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi  @ksmith06 ...

I think the Guide you want to take a look at is this one: How do I create a hyperlink or embed a file from Google Drive into the Rich Content Editor as an ins...  I hope this will help.

Please be sure to check out my comment about re: how your name is displayed here in the Community.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @ksmith06 ...

Are you using the instructions outlined in this Guide?  How do I create a cloud assignment with a Google Drive file? 

Also, unrelated, but I noticed that your first name appears as your last name, too.  I'm not sure if this is what you wanted or not, but you can change this here in the Canvas Community profile section by looking at this Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14894-75187841155 

Chris,

I already know how to do that and I love that feature. My question is can I add a google document not for students to write on but for students to look at (as in an information sheet) to use with an assignment? Can I load a google document as a file into Canvas to place on a page without using the google cloud?

Hi  @ksmith06 ...

I think the Guide you want to take a look at is this one: How do I create a hyperlink or embed a file from Google Drive into the Rich Content Editor as an ins...  I hope this will help.

Please be sure to check out my comment about re: how your name is displayed here in the Community.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos