cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baking
Community Member

Can I add an RSS feed to my Canvas homepage?

Jump to solution

Add RSS feed to Canvas homepaage...is it possible, and if so, how?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laurakgibbs
Surveyor

Thanks for commenting,  @stuart_ryan ‌: I hadn't seen this before!

Hi  @baking ‌! I work a lot with RSS and the tool is use to get RSS into Canvas is Inoreader

With Inoreader, you can subscribe to feeds and then put a feed or a combination of feeds, into a folder, or you can tag posts, and then a folder or a tag can be exported via an HTML clip.

That sounds kind of complicated, but it really isn't!

For example, you can see my students' blogs all combined here in a blog feed in Canvas:

Blog Stream: INDIAN EPICS 995 — Spring 2019 

I subscribe to their feeds with Inoreader.

I put the feeds in a folder.

I adjust the folder to have an export feature.

I get the HTML clippings option from the export, which displays in a Canvas Page, no problem.

If this is something you are interested in, let me know and I can provide more details. I must be Inoreader's biggest fan! 🙂

screenshot of inoreader html clippings

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @baking ,

I wanted to check in as I noted that your question seems to have the community a little stumped. I am sure by now you will have found a possible solution or workaround through some of your own additional sleuthing? If not, do you still need assistance with this (please let us know, we are always happy to help)!

If you did find a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Cheers,
Stuart    

laurakgibbs
Surveyor

Thanks for commenting,  @stuart_ryan ‌: I hadn't seen this before!

Hi  @baking ‌! I work a lot with RSS and the tool is use to get RSS into Canvas is Inoreader

With Inoreader, you can subscribe to feeds and then put a feed or a combination of feeds, into a folder, or you can tag posts, and then a folder or a tag can be exported via an HTML clip.

That sounds kind of complicated, but it really isn't!

For example, you can see my students' blogs all combined here in a blog feed in Canvas:

Blog Stream: INDIAN EPICS 995 — Spring 2019 

I subscribe to their feeds with Inoreader.

I put the feeds in a folder.

I adjust the folder to have an export feature.

I get the HTML clippings option from the export, which displays in a Canvas Page, no problem.

If this is something you are interested in, let me know and I can provide more details. I must be Inoreader's biggest fan! 🙂

screenshot of inoreader html clippings

View solution in original post

Hi @laurakgibbs !

I'm new to Canvas this school year and just found a super cool podcast that I'd like to embed for my students - googling brought me to this post, and I'm having a little trouble getting Inoreader to embed in a page. I was hoping you might be able to provide more info? I'm fairly savvy and have a basic working knowledge of how HTML and its various offshoots work for the most part, I just need a nudge in the right direction to make sure I've connected all the metaphorical wires into the right spots 🙂

Thanks!

-Melissa