Can I add multiple due dates to ALL students for a graded discussion?

Jump to solution
irene_omara
Community Explorer

i.e. Can I set a weekly deadline for submissions to the graded discussion?

I am using graded discussions as a way for my students to write reflective journals, but I would like to create a weekly due date/reminder about submissions.

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@irene_omara  

Each discussion can only have one due date. If you want a grade for each week, then create a discussion for each week.

If you want to have one discussion for the entire course, then you can create one discussion, and then create a reminder assignment for each week and make their type "Not graded." The ungraded assignments show up on the To Do list and calendar but they do not show up in the gradebook. Since they are assignments, you can schedule them to be time-appropriate.

I do this in my class discussions although I have multiple discussions and use it in a slightly different way. I have the due date for the discussion be when the initial post should be completed and then a reminder non-graded assignment for the followup and when the entire discussion closes.

There has been a lengthy discussion about multiple due dates for discussions in a feature idea. It may give you more ideas. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1555-multiple-due-dates-checkpoints-for-discussions 

View solution in original post