cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer

Can I delete multiple pages at a time?

Jump to solution

I need to get rid of LOTS of pages I uploaded from a publisher's cartridge.  Any way to delete multiple pages at once?  Otherwise, it's three clicks apiece, minimum.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey pandathum@aol.com​, one trick I can think of would be to export the course (How do I export a Canvas course?​) and then reset the course (How do I reset course content?​) and then import in the export package and choose "Select Specific Content" (How do I import a Canvas course export package?​). This will give you the option to either select none or only some of the pages. Depending on exactly how many pages you have and how many you need to get rid of this could be quicker than deleting each one manually.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

pandathum@aol.com​,

Unfortunately the answer is no.  I also did a quick search in the feature requests area to see if something like this currently exists and it does not.  I know it is not much help now, but I would recommend creating a Feature Request for this functionality at Share Ideas​.

Robbie

Highlighted
Community Member

Hey pandathum@aol.com​, one trick I can think of would be to export the course (How do I export a Canvas course?​) and then reset the course (How do I reset course content?​) and then import in the export package and choose "Select Specific Content" (How do I import a Canvas course export package?​). This will give you the option to either select none or only some of the pages. Depending on exactly how many pages you have and how many you need to get rid of this could be quicker than deleting each one manually.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Cool trick, awilliams!

Highlighted

Yeah . . . that would work.  Clever, Adam!

Guess what happened when I first imported a coursepack and did NOT select items?  Yep.  Turns out there was a thing called "Syllabus" that the publisher had written.  Poof!  Mine was overwritten.  No, I didn't have an updated backup 'cause I'd done a boatload of editing online.  But the delightful, amazing Andrew Cole got my baby back.

Highlighted
Community Member

The fact that this use case need a workaround is freaking ludicrous.

Highlighted
Community Member

Is there still no better option than to have to export a course, and then import pages manually? Some courses have hundreds of pages to go through. Is it programmatically difficult to add check boxes next to the pages and delete multiples at a time?

Highlighted
Community Member

This is a great idea and i personally would love to be able to have this as a feature.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Tell your colleagues to hop on and vote for the feature then. Apparently we need a thousand votes to get the attention we need.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You may want to tell people where to hop on and lend their support. The active feature idea is https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4224-delete-multiple-pages" modifiedtitle="true" title="Delete.... Canvas has looked at this feature recently and says it doesn't plan to do anything with it in the first quarter of 2019. Getting 1000 votes isn't going to change that.

0 Kudos
Labels