cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rn4moms
Community Member

Can I duplicate entire modules for multi-week courses?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to duplicate a module "template" that I can use for a multi-week course? For example, I want an intro, readings, homework and media section weekly, can I create a template that I can copy multiple times for the number of weeks my class is and then add the pages to each individual week that I need?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ns3320
Surveyor

Hi  @rn4moms ,

That is exactly how the duplicate feature works!

Once your module template is set, just hit duplicate and you'll get a new module and new pages with the same name but "Copy" added in at the end. You can copy as many times as you want and each new iteration will add Copy and then a number (Copy, Copy 1, Copy 2, etc.).

Here's a guide on how to duplicate modules: How do I duplicate a module? 
But if you have anymore questions about it feel free to ask away!

Best,
Nick

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ns3320
Surveyor

Hi  @rn4moms ,

That is exactly how the duplicate feature works!

Once your module template is set, just hit duplicate and you'll get a new module and new pages with the same name but "Copy" added in at the end. You can copy as many times as you want and each new iteration will add Copy and then a number (Copy, Copy 1, Copy 2, etc.).

Here's a guide on how to duplicate modules: How do I duplicate a module? 
But if you have anymore questions about it feel free to ask away!

Best,
Nick

View solution in original post

rn4moms
Community Member

Thank you so much. I found this just after I sent the question. I have successfully duplicated the module template I created 8 times for each week of my course and am ready to fill the "pages" now! You are all so helpful. 

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rn4moms it's a nifty trick isn't it. Recently I learned though that if there is a quiz in a module it doesn't duplicate. If that's the case just take the quiz out before duplicating, then duplicate and pop the quiz back in to each module. 

Hi!

I've been doing this for my courses for some time now, thank goodness. So easy.  Set up one module group of assignments, etc, and then simply duplicate it 12 times or so... but it does add the word "Copy" and a numeral to each one iteration in order to keep track.  The numeral is great because that way I don't have to write in "Week #whatever" each time..  but.

Is there an easy way to replace each occurrence of the word "Copy" with something like "Week"?  That would be the bees knees. An HTML trick of some kind?  Or do I have to go in and edit each occurrence?  

Thanks in advance!
Mark

wendyoneal
Surveyor

Yes, I duplicate a weekly module = shell for learning pathway. Insert the quiz after duplicate. 

I do wish the word COPY not be there. Takes time to edit this.