cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmunoz1
Learner II

Can I duplicate ratings within a same rubric?

Jump to solution

Hello Canvas Community! Smiley Wink

I was wondering if someone knew of a way to duplicate ratings within a rubric. Here's the case: I'm constructing a rubric that has 12 criterias and all of them have the same ratings.

So it would be useful for me to duplicate the first row (criteria and its ratings) shown here, for example, and then maybe just change the 11 followings criterias, instead of filling in the 55 rating spaces left.

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 1.19.15 PM.png

If anyone has any idea, it would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley Happy

@xcotto ​

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

James Jones has created a canvancement that allows you to create a rubric in a spreadsheet and import it into Canvas - Importing Rubrics from a Spreadsheet.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jmunoz1 ​, I've never heard of a way to duplicate rating scales on rubrics in Canvas. In addition, there have been two feature ideas for this - & - and in looking through the discussion I don't see any suggested workarounds. Smiley Sad

Thanks Kona!

What about duplicating the whole rubric? I'm thinking there isn't an option for this either; maybe exporting and importing again?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm pretty sure if you have the rubric attached to an assignment you can add the assignment (with rubric) to Commons and then download the Assignment back into your course. This "should" give you the rubric duplicated back into your course as well. The other way I've done this is if the Rubric is in one course I can copy it into another course and then do another copy to get a second copy, etc.

Ok, I'll look into it. Thank you! Smiley Happy

bbilderback
Surveyor

This would be incredibly helpful.  I'm trying to build a rubric that will rate individual answers, and there are 15 of them!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

James Jones has created a canvancement that allows you to create a rubric in a spreadsheet and import it into Canvas - Importing Rubrics from a Spreadsheet.

View solution in original post

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

If you loved James' blog post, you'll probably want to check out the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-11-06) 

More specifically the "Criterion Duplication"

Criterion duplication will be included our upcoming release: Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-11-18)