cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Can I install more than one redirect tool in a course?

I'm trying to create a student resource course that will be added to all courses via a redirect nav button in their courses, and I'd like to change my navigation in the resource course so that it only shows nav buttons that link out to various student resource web pages that are on our college's website, not in Canvas. We already have a global instance of the redirect tool installed that links out to our library website and it's giving me issues when I try to add another redirect LTI to my apps. Can it be done?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

Hi cbirdsong...

Rather than using the Redirect LTI tool, have you considered creating a custom link within your "Help" menu?  We have done this at our Tech College.  Actually, what we did was created an "Instructor Resources" course that contains page that instructors immediately see with several links on it that they can use to get to other college resources.  The course that is linked to on the "Help" page does not require that you enroll anyone in...it's basically a "public" course...as long as you have the link.  That way, if for whatever reason, your redirect link were to change in the future, you don't have to go into several courses to update that link.  You just change the link in one spot...via your admin dashboard.

How do I customize the Canvas Help Menu for an account?

Hope this helps, Cynthia.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

We did actually discuss doing that and I do know how to customize it as I've done that in the past, however there are quite a few more links I need to add and it might make the help menu way too long where it's just a long block of text. I would like to create a self-enroll shell and then have the redirect tool installed globally so that every course has this link, but since we already have one installed with our library URL, I'm running into the issue there. Thanks for your suggestion though. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos