cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Can I link to other courses in my "homeroom" page?

I have many courses attached to me as an elementary teacher.  Is there a way to use just my "Homeroom" course as a sort of launch page for the other courses?  In other words, can I create a link (button) to modules in the other courses?  I want to be able to create a "math" button which takes students to the modules in the "math" course.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Meghan ~

Yes! It's a great question to ask, because if you do this from your "homeroom", it will simplify the navigation for the students.

As long as all students who are enrolled in your homeroom course are enrolled in ALL of the courses that branch out from the homeroom course, you're good to go. Just remember that if/when you copy your course in the future, you'll need to re-establish all of those links.

Remember to encourage students to keep all of those courses favorited sop the To-Dos, reminders, events, activities, etc appear on their calendars.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Thank you!  When I try to link it I only have modules from the current "homeroom" page (and not modules from the other courses.  How do I link those course?  Do I just copy/paste the URL?  Or is there another way within Canvas to do this?

0 Kudos
Labels