cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Can I make quiz questions optional?

Jump to solution

I want to give my students a choice of essay prompts. How do I make it so that the student may choose one or the other and the software understand that the quiz is complete?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

balle@wcde.org, greetings! I'm not sure if you've figured out a work around for this or not, but what what our faculty do is in a text no question (quiz question type) they include all the different essay options and tell the students to pick (for example, three questions to write out). Then they provide three blank essay boxes and in the directions tell students to include the question they are answering and then their answer. The questions will be out of order, but students will be able to pick their essay and Canvas will know that the quiz is complete.

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

balle@wcde.org, greetings! I'm not sure if you've figured out a work around for this or not, but what what our faculty do is in a text no question (quiz question type) they include all the different essay options and tell the students to pick (for example, three questions to write out). Then they provide three blank essay boxes and in the directions tell students to include the question they are answering and then their answer. The questions will be out of order, but students will be able to pick their essay and Canvas will know that the quiz is complete.

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

Community Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I am trying to streamline all of my courses.

This will help.

Thank you,

Edward Ball

English Department

David Crockett High School

(423) 753 - 1150

balle@wcde.org

Community Coach
Community Coach

Very good! Glad I could help!

This helped me as well. Thanks!