Can I make students rewatch a previous section if they miss a question in a Canvas Studio video quiz?

Jump to solution
bder
Community Novice

Sorry if this question is answered somewhere else; I couldn't find the answer in my searching. I'm trying to make a video lesson for a day when I'm out of class. I'm wondering what happens if a student answers a question incorrectly. Is it just marked as incorrect and students move on? Or is there a way to gatekeep students from moving on until they revisit the previous examples/talk to a partner and correct their work? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @bder ...

I am reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting unanswered for so long here in the Community.  Our school also has Studio, and so I tried to re-created the scenario that you presented.  After I created a quiz question within a Studio video, I viewed the video as a "dummy" student.  Even though I purposely answer the question incorrectly, it gives me two buttons to click on: "Re-watch" or "Continue".  If you click on "Re-watch", you can re-watch a portion of the video up to the quiz question.  If you click "Continue", you just continue watching the video...answering any additional questions you've added to the video.  At the very end of the video, you are prompted to submit the quiz.  Once you do that, you can view the results.

Here are some Guides that may help you:

I hope this information will be of help to you, Bradley.  Please let members of the Community know if you have any other questions about this information...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes