cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Can I monitor the student inbox

Jump to solution

Is there a way to monitor the inbox of students?  I have had several middle school teachers in my district ask if there was a way to either turn off the inbox or at least monitor it to make sure that no bullying is occurring. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

wmolyneaux@elkhart.k12.in.us​, you can masquerade as a student (How do I masquerade as a user in an account?​) to view their Canvas Inbox, but you can't actually monitor (ongoing) the inbox. You would have to know that there was possible bullying going on and then log in as the students to see what was happening.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

wmolyneaux@elkhart.k12.in.us​, you can masquerade as a student (How do I masquerade as a user in an account?​) to view their Canvas Inbox, but you can't actually monitor (ongoing) the inbox. You would have to know that there was possible bullying going on and then log in as the students to see what was happening.

View solution in original post

Community Coach
Community Coach

wmolyneaux@elkhart.k12.in.us​...

To piggyback on what kona@richland.edu​ has correctly stated, I just wanted to clarify that the link she has provided to masquerade as a student is only available to Canvas Admins at your school.  This is not normal functionality for instructors/teachers in Canvas.