cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caroline_shield
Community Member

Can I recover archived student assignments?

Jump to solution

Oh no! I wanted to save all of my students' uploaded assignments, but I delayed at the end of the semester and haven't yet, and now it looks like they aren't there anymore! Can I recover them? Thank you!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Deactivated user​, luckily it's almost impossible to totally lose things in Canvas, especially student submissions! Yet, if your institution has already concluded your course then you would need to contact your Canvas Help Desk (or Canvas admins at your institution) to see what their procedures are for allowing you to get the student submissions out of Canvas. If you're not sure how to contact your Canvas Help Desk (for your specific Institution) then your best bet is to submit a Help ticket - the following guide will explain how to do this -How do I get help with Canvas?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Deactivated user​, luckily it's almost impossible to totally lose things in Canvas, especially student submissions! Yet, if your institution has already concluded your course then you would need to contact your Canvas Help Desk (or Canvas admins at your institution) to see what their procedures are for allowing you to get the student submissions out of Canvas. If you're not sure how to contact your Canvas Help Desk (for your specific Institution) then your best bet is to submit a Help ticket - the following guide will explain how to do this -How do I get help with Canvas?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

r_v_jones
Explorer II

This is an issue we have seen, last year Deactivated user

Teaching staff concluded course not realising it would stop access to the submissions.

It has an even greater impact if you are using Turnitin Legacy API as you lose access to the Turnitin originality report too Smiley Sad