cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily
Learner II

Can I see all grades for an Outcome?

Hi!

As I understand it, the Learning Mastery report in the Gradebook shows me each student's performance according to the rules set up for that outcome (e.g., decaying average, most recent, etc.) I would really like to get a report that shows all of the instances of that outcome for all assignments in a course so I can do my own data analysis. So instead of seeing the decaying average, I would like to see that Student A scored 3, 6, 4, 5, and 1 the five times they did assessments with Outcome Q on the rubric. 

Is there an easy way to do this? Canvas reports would be great, but Tableau reporting would also be in our wheelhouse.

Thanks,

Emily

Tags (1)
3 Replies
bbennett2
Navigator II

This is a really old question, sorry no one has replied yet!

In short, there is no great outcome reporting yet. The best method I've found (without resorting to custom API calls) is to go through the Outcomes menu to get a list of assignments and then I pull those assignment stats. Click on the Outcome title in the navigator to get the list:

311280_pastedImage_1.png

311281_pastedImage_2.png

It is very less than ideal.

The other option is to get in touch with your IT department and ask them for an Outcome Report from the Admin console. This dumps a CSV that can be sorted by course ID or student ID. It lists all attempts, the assignment score, and the Outcome score. It just requires an admin account pull those numbers.

I keep hoping that Canvas devs will show Outcomes some love in the near future...I'm still waiting 🙂

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @emily ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on November 5, 2018.  It looks like  @bbennett2  had posted a reply to you on April 23, 2018.  Have you had an opportunity to review his feedback?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with your question?  If you feel that Brian has helped to answer your question, please feel free to click the "Mark Correct" button next to his reply.  However, if you are still looking for some help with your question, please do come back to this topic to post a message below letting us know how we might be able to assist you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we have not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since April 23, 2018.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that is okay with you, Emily.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

emily
Learner II

None of the answers suggested here were what we needed. I've pretty much quit using Outcomes because of their limited applicability and lack of reporting.