cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chromek4
Community Member

Can I turn in multiple parts at different times?

Jump to solution

This week, we have to turn in a video and two text documents for the weekly assignment. I have two videos that I would like to turn in today if possible, and I would like to turn in the text documents as I finish them. Am I able to submit more than one video, and can I turn these in at separate times, or do they all need to be turned in at the same time? I'm afraid that if I submit the assignment then "re-submit" other parts at different times, the re-submission would override the original, causing some material to be lost.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@chromek4 , greetings and welcome to the global Community of all Canvas users! My initial recommendation is to contact your Instructor directly to see what they would prefer. Some Instructors may have a specific preference for things like this.

On the technical Canvas side of things, you can submit different parts to an Assignment at different times and your Instructor will be able to see EVERYTHING you submitted (so everything you ever submitted to the assignment). Yet, you will only be able to see your most recent submission if you look at it from your computer (if you use the Canvas app you would be able to see all of your submissions).

Hope this helped! Kona

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@chromek4 , greetings and welcome to the global Community of all Canvas users! My initial recommendation is to contact your Instructor directly to see what they would prefer. Some Instructors may have a specific preference for things like this.

On the technical Canvas side of things, you can submit different parts to an Assignment at different times and your Instructor will be able to see EVERYTHING you submitted (so everything you ever submitted to the assignment). Yet, you will only be able to see your most recent submission if you look at it from your computer (if you use the Canvas app you would be able to see all of your submissions).

Hope this helped! Kona

View solution in original post

jeverett3
Community Member

I have a related issue. As an instructor, I developed a group assignment so that students could record lab data in a multiday assignment and have access to the data even if their lab partners were absent on one of the days. Canvas told them any unsubmitted work would be lost, so on the first day, they submitted their (partially done) assignment and now they no longer have access to their original data. As an instructor, how can I do things differently so they can begin work on a group assignment and be able to return to it for days or weeks before submitting it?