Can I work on/in different courses in different tabs or windows at the same time?

Jump to solution
walchakj
Community Explorer

Hi, I'm adapting to moving my classes online.  Here's what I'd like to be able to do: Hold "office hours" in one course in Chat (in lieu of the pre-COVID19 meatworld class meeting) while at the same time working on stuff for another course (really, another section of the same course), e.g., commenting on Discussions, in a separate tab or window, thus being able to get other stuff done when/if no one shows up in the Chat.  Does Canvas have any problem with working simultaneously on different courses in different tabs/windows?  I'd assume not, but I'm wary of such assumptions.

Grateful for any help/advice,

--JW

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @walchakj  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Yes indeed, that's one of the great features of web-based Canvas. When I was teaching I frequently opened multiple tabs for various places in different courses so I could flip back and forth between them and, yes, conduct office hours in Chat while doing other things elsewhere. Just remember not to have the same link open in two tabs; that can get confusing when you update one and then navigate to the other.

And lol at "meatworld." 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes