Can LTI Tool Be Configured To Launch Links in New Tab

dan_giglio
Community Member

Hello:

I have a question regarding the setting up of an External LTI App in a Course I have in https://canvas.instructure.com/ 

I have included a screenshot (See ScreenShot Below) of the External LTI App that I am trying to create, I notice that there is no setting that allows me to "Open Links in a New Window or Tab", for all of the links that will be utilizing this LTI Tool.   

This creates a problem, because in my Course, I need to "edit" each Link using the External LTI App and I need to "manually" set the setting "Open In A New Tab".....     There are hundreds of Links that I would need to do this to.  

Does Canvas have the capability to configure an External LTI App that allows me to set "Open In A New Window or Tab", so that all of my Course Links will utilize this setting?  

The Moodle LMS that I use, in their External LTI App setup has a setting to "Open Links in a new Window or Tab".  Then in Moodle all of the individual Course LTI Links automatically utilize this settings in the External LTI App setup. 

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you. 

Dan Giglio

Example of LTI App I am trying to create in Canvas 

0 Likes