cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner

Can Users Play & View a BigBlueButton Recorded Conference Presentation on Canvas App?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it possible to view a recorded conference through the Canvas app on a mobile device (e.g. iPhone or Android phone, tablet, etc)? Please advise!

Thank you.

Sima

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi Sima,

I am the product manager for BigBlueButton.  While I work at Blindside Networks, the company that provides hosting for Canvas Conferences to Instructure, and can't speak on behalf of Instructure, I can respond to your question.

We're in the process of fixing an issue with playback of Free Tier recordings (default recordings) in BigBlueButton on iOS devices.  We should have this fixed shortly for any new recording.

If your using an Android device, the recordings should playback (and please let us know if they are not).

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @sima_tarokh  ...

I am not sure of an answer for you, but I would like to bring @ffdixon  into this conversation in hopes that he will be able to help answer your question. Good luck to you!

Highlighted

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi Sima,

I am the product manager for BigBlueButton.  While I work at Blindside Networks, the company that provides hosting for Canvas Conferences to Instructure, and can't speak on behalf of Instructure, I can respond to your question.

We're in the process of fixing an issue with playback of Free Tier recordings (default recordings) in BigBlueButton on iOS devices.  We should have this fixed shortly for any new recording.

If your using an Android device, the recordings should playback (and please let us know if they are not).

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Has this issue been resolved?  I still can't access recorded BigBlueButton videos on my iPad or iPhone apps.

Highlighted

I don't think so... I've tried the "Teacher" app and the conferencing option is not available. Then I tried the "Student" app and I've found my recorded session under "Recordings", but it won't allow me to click on it.  

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels