Can a community member not affiliated with University be added to a canvas site?

Jump to solution
tsmertz
Community Novice

Using canvas for a research team. Eventually, community members involved in the research will need to have access to data sets. Can people who do not affiliation with university be added to a site to access the information?

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @tsmertz  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

So................. I am not entirely certain I understand what you are currently doing or what you are asking for: Are you using a Free-for-Teachers (FFT) version of Canvas to conduct or document some form of research rather than using a Canvas course provided by a University with a Canvas account?

Hardly matters, because it is entirely up to the policies and practice of a university as to whom can and cannot be listed as a Canvas user, and at what role. I see you are at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, and I found two role-based Get Help links on their Canvas web page.  I would suggest starting your inquiry there.

As for Canvas itself, both the product and the company leave that kind of decision up to the account holder (school).

I hope I haven't misunderstood what you are asking for.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes