cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myerdon01
Adventurer

Can a sub-account have its own global navigation?

Jump to solution

Trying to set up a separate sub-account for classes offered by our Lifelong Learning, can it have its own global navigation and global announcements?  They do not need to see the links for our online bookstore, etc. and we use global announcements quite frequently, but these would not pertain to these other learners.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tross
Explorer II

You can certainly do Global Announcements at the Sub-Account level but they are also going to get any you do at the main account level.  Our campuses are sub-accounts and Administrators send Announcements to just their campus.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tross
Explorer II

You can certainly do Global Announcements at the Sub-Account level but they are also going to get any you do at the main account level.  Our campuses are sub-accounts and Administrators send Announcements to just their campus.

View solution in original post

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Would there be a way to make two sub-accounts? ...one for the majority of your classes and one for your Long Learning courses? That way, users will only get the announcements that are relevant to their sub-account.(See: Canvas Studio: Global Announcements)

Here are some great guides to help too:

How do I create a sub-account? 

How do I organize sub-accounts? 

How do I create a theme for an account using the Theme Editor? 

You just would have to be careful that all announcements sent come from the sub-accounts.  Anything from the institution main account would go to all sub-accounts.