Can an assignment be deleted if the wrong one is submitted?

Jump to solution
vrciampa
Community Novice

I submitted the wrong file for an assignment, so had to resubmit the correct one. Is it possible to delete the wrong one so just the correct file is there?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @vrciampa  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  While I cannot speak for your instructor (you've posted your question in the global Canvas Community website...and most of us don't have access to your course or your school's Canvas environment), my guess is that this won't be much of an issue with your instructor.  The short answer to your question is "no".  The longer answer is that even though, as a student, you are only able to see the most recent submission, your instructor is able to see all submissions (which are time and date stamped).  This Guide (for instructors) details how your instructor can view submissions and re-submissions of an assignment: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13088-415255024  Check out the section about mid-way down called "Evaluate Multiple Submissions".  From an instructor's point of view, all your instructor would need to do is to make sure that he/she is viewing the most recent submission.  If you wanted to send your instructor a note letting him/her know that you re-submitted, that might be a good idea, too.  You can contact your instructor by following the steps outlined in How do I get help with Canvas as a student?‌.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Vicki.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this information...thanks!

View solution in original post