cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glparker
Adventurer

Can an instructor view the IP addresses of students who took a quiz?

Jump to solution

I have a teacher who is suspicious of her students, and wants to see if they were sharing similar IP addresses at around the time the test was submitted for these students.   Is there a way for her to look at the IP addresses herself, or will one of our Admins need to use their super powers to create that report from User Details data?

Thanks <Glen

Tags (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

As far as I'm aware the only way to do this is for an Admin to check the page view logs (you have to download the CSV) for each student and compare them. We've done this a number of times.

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

That's pretty awesome, but for faculty they would still need to go through their Canvas Admin since Canvas Data is only available to Admins.

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

As far as I'm aware the only way to do this is for an Admin to check the page view logs (you have to download the CSV) for each student and compare them. We've done this a number of times.

amcdona
Learner II

This information is now available via query using Canvas Data

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

That's pretty awesome, but for faculty they would still need to go through their Canvas Admin since Canvas Data is only available to Admins.

@kona , has this changed yet or is this data still only available to admins?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

waaaseee, I’m not sure of your roll when using Canvas, but yes, in general Canvas Data is in an Admin only part of Canvas. I *think* some institution have put together some type of user interface for the data and given teachers or admin access to it, but I think that is the exception, not the norm.