cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Can i set different passwords for each of my classes while using the same test?

Jump to solution

I have 4 classes and I've set the "availability" time of the test to coincide with the beginning of each class period.  I have a password set for the test but I'd like to be able to have individual passwords for each class period.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Learner II

While I do not think you could individually set the password without making 4 separate copies of the test, you can configure the beginning and end of availability of the quiz based on your class times.

See How do I assign a quiz to a course section?

(Look at the section about "Edit Due and Availability Dates.")

If you must have 4 different passwords, you could make the 4 separate copies of the test and then assign each of them to only the section they're meant for.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Learner II

While I do not think you could individually set the password without making 4 separate copies of the test, you can configure the beginning and end of availability of the quiz based on your class times.

See How do I assign a quiz to a course section?

(Look at the section about "Edit Due and Availability Dates.")

If you must have 4 different passwords, you could make the 4 separate copies of the test and then assign each of them to only the section they're meant for.

View solution in original post

kevin.speranza@ocps.net,

awolfe@biomedscienceacademy.org is right. I'd just like to add that the request to have per-section settings for quizzes has come up before in the Community. This one is currently open for voting https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8205-different-access-codes-to-each-class-section 

Here are some links to former ideas that have been archived (you'll need access to Cold Storage to read them)

thanks

i voted it up

Community Member

I used to change the availability for each class... what a bother.  Another canvas user recently showed me this trick and it is super easy. Just change the access code before each class or after school for those absent students.  Pick an easy theme for that test. Yesterday I used the colors of the rainbow so the first period was red, the second was yellow, etc.  You do have to go in and change the access code in canvas but it is quick.  With giving them a time limit and an access code they can only take the test when you tell them they may.