cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Can instructor download ALL student submissions?

Jump to solution

Has it ever been possible for an instructor to download ALL student submissions for ALL assignments in a course?  I have a couple of faculty trainers that seem to think that option was available, but now they do not see it.  I'm an Admin, so I don't use that option and don't recall ever attempting to use it in a course. *Or maybe the option has moved?

Thanks.

Bill

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Hi bgibson@uncfsu.edu​ - Speaking as both an admin as well as someone who has taught a few courses, I can tell you that for the past four years or so, at least (which is how long we've been on the platform), the answer is no.  One can download all of one's own FILES from a course (How do I download a folder in ZIP format as an instructor? and elsewhere) as well as, of course, all of the submissions for a specific assignment--which I assume you likely already know (How do I download all student submissions for an assignment in the Gradebook? ).  But ALL student submissions from ALL assignments throughout a course?  No.  I wonder if the confusion may come from the fact that STUDENTS can now download their OWN submissions?  (See How do I download assignment submissions from all my courses? )

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Community Member

Hi bgibson@uncfsu.edu​ - Speaking as both an admin as well as someone who has taught a few courses, I can tell you that for the past four years or so, at least (which is how long we've been on the platform), the answer is no.  One can download all of one's own FILES from a course (How do I download a folder in ZIP format as an instructor? and elsewhere) as well as, of course, all of the submissions for a specific assignment--which I assume you likely already know (How do I download all student submissions for an assignment in the Gradebook? ).  But ALL student submissions from ALL assignments throughout a course?  No.  I wonder if the confusion may come from the fact that STUDENTS can now download their OWN submissions?  (See How do I download assignment submissions from all my courses? )

View solution in original post