cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brenda_green
Surveyor

Can multiple Google Drive files be submitted online within one assignment?

Jump to solution

I created an assignment on Canvas.  This assignment will involve them submitting 4 files from their Google Drive.  Will they be able to do so using the Submit Online method?  I looked at the student directions here and cannot tell if multiple Google files can be added to one assignment.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10472-4212344077#comments 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chadscott
Explorer

Howdy,

They will only be able to submit one file at a time, but can click the "resubmit" button to submit the next file, etc. until all have been submitted. In speedgrader, each file would be a separate submission in the submission drop-down on the right, under the student name.

Cheers,

Chad

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chadscott
Explorer

Howdy,

They will only be able to submit one file at a time, but can click the "resubmit" button to submit the next file, etc. until all have been submitted. In speedgrader, each file would be a separate submission in the submission drop-down on the right, under the student name.

Cheers,

Chad

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @brenda_green  Thank You for posting your question.  I've marked  @chadscott 's feedback as "Correct" because he has provided you with excellent information!  I wanted to also provide a link to the Guide which explains where you can find out how to view multiple submissions to the same assignment.  Look under the section called "Evaluate Multiple Submissions" about half-way down this document: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13088-415255024  I hope this extra bit of information will be of help to you, Brenda.  Please sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

ashok_thapa
Explorer III

Hi  @brenda_green ‌

I am under impression this is from Canvas App. Have you tried attaching one file and repeating the same process for the second without tapping submit button.This will append two files and allow to submit multiple files at one hit.

Otherwise you can always tap on resubmit and keep uploading as many files.

Hope this helps

Ashok

I did practice the 're-submit' suggestion above to add additional files.  The problem is the second file replaced the first file.  This will not work because students need to submit four files on this assignment.  I ended up making four different assignments for them to submit the files separately.  Then I can grade them separated in Speedgrader too.  Was there a better method?

Hi  @brenda_green ‌

When tapping submit/ resubmit assignment > File upload > Files> Choose Google Drive

Then select the file to uplaod

select second file to upload

select third file to upload

Then Done,

Screenshot below.

329210_pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Ashok