cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lidzhu
Community Member

Can normal student to use API?

Hi, guys

I'm newer for canvas system, there is question for it. Is there possible student account can us api? like get there information such as account_id, image url, and courses etc? if possible how to do it? please help on it. thanks.

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @lidzhu ‌, a student can use the API. The access token that is generated to make the calls will align with the student's permissions in the account. So if the role of the user is student, the student's API calls will only allow access to what that student has permission to access. Please refer to https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10806-4214724194 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @lidzhu ‌...

I wanted to check in with you because I saw that there hasn't been any new activity in this thread since you first posted this message on May 4th and received a reply from stefaniesanders‌ later that day.  Have you had a chance to review the reply from Stefanie?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, do you still have questions about this?  If you feel that Stefanie's response helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help, please post a comment below so that members of the Canvas Community can continue to assist you.  For now, since we've not heard from you and since there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for almost two months, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions/comments below as it relates to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Wait...........................

Are there really "Normal" students?

I wants some!

Agent K