Can peers see original writers' comments?

Jump to solution
gdehond1
Community Member

Within the SpeedGrader/Peer Review function, it seems that peers cannot view the marginal comments made by the original writers.  Is that the case, and is there a workaround for this?

I was hoping the function would be more like Google Docs commenting, where all users can see together.

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @gdehond1  Welcometo the Canvas Community! Peer reviews are something that students may not be entirely used to depending on how often they have been exposed to it in the past within your institution. It also depends on what you mean by "marginal comments."  If the peer review was setup so as to NOT be anonymous, then they can see all comments.  Take a look at the student's documentation here: Where can I find my peers' feedback for peer reviewed assignments?  (Which, by the way, I heartily recommend all faculty link to whenever a peer review is done; you may have done this, but I mention this because I really think it's important! Smiley Happy )  However, note that the page states the following:

• When peer reviews are anonymous, you can leave submission and rubric comments, but annotated submission comments are not supported.

So it partly depends on how you set up the peer review, as well.  But definitely make sure they are checking in the areas noted on that page.

I hope this helps a bit, Garrett.

View solution in original post