cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crabtrt
Community Member

Can "one attempt" quizzes be saved and resumed during the available times? Or does the quiz have to be taken in one sitting?

The professor reports that after he extended the quiz due date, several students' quizzes were automatically submitted by Canvas. He said that the change affected the students that had accessed the quiz prior to the change. 

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@crabtrt , if the students have already started the quiz it will go off the original timing (if a timed test) & the until date. These are the only things that will cause a quiz to auto submit. The due date will not cause a quiz to auto submit. Otherwise, a student can go in and out of a quiz as much as they want as long as the time limit and until date hasn’t passed. 

If it’s a timed test the Instrucot can go into moderate and give the student more time so it won’t auto submit. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @crabtrt ...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on November 1, 2017 and then received a response from  @kona ‌ a day later.  Have you had a chance to review the response that you received from Kona?  If so, did her response help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with this question?  If you feel that Kona's response has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark her reply as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help with this question, please come back to this thread to post an update below so that Community members might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard from you in over four months and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for about the same amount of time.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Aron.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!