Can someone help me figure out why my quizzes aren't syncing from Canvas to Aspire?

Jump to solution
twadley
Community Novice

I have an open ticket for 3 days, and no one seems to be able to figure out why it's not working. This is the second time this year, and it has been a nightmare. At first it was just one quiz. Because it was hurting grades so much, and because no one at Canvas figured it out over a few days, I created a new quiz and manually entered scores, then unchecked Sync to Aspire in Canvas.

Now I'm in a much worse pickle with 6 quizzes not syncing right for 5 classes (185 students)... and with the negative impact of missing scores, I feel I'll be manually entering grades and creating new quizzes for hours on Saturday. : ( Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful. I am about resigned after no solutions in 3 days. Also, I can't override existing Missing codes in Aspire... so without a solution, I will have to re-create all quizzes in aspire and manually check and enter everything. Ugggh!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

@twadley 

Welcome to the Canvas Community!!!

I am not an ASPIRE user but I did find the ASPIRE documentation that is available in the Community Aspire Grade Passback  .  Here are the guidelines and restrictions from that document:

Grade passback will only work if a teacher has complied with the following requirements when creating an assignment:

1. The assignment CANNOT have a name longer than 50 characters.
  2. The assignment MUST be in an Aspire-imported category. 
  3. The course and assignment MUST be published.
  4. The assignment MUST be set to sync to Aspire (see below). 
  5. The assignment MUST be assigned to the entire course or section. Aspire does NOT support grade passback of differentiated assignments. 
  6. The assignment MUST have a due date, and that date should be the same for all students in a section.

Robbie

View solution in original post