cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rblumjose
Surveyor II

Can students EDIT/REVISE an assignment? (Not resubmit)

Hello! I teach 3rd grade, all subjects. My question specifically focuses on writing and submitting in the text box.

I have been a little frustrated lately with the way kids can't go into their submission and make revisions/edits and then resubmit. Sure, they can be taught to copy and paste the whole thing into a new submission, but is this the only way to get around it? (Without using an external tool like Kami or google docs, etc.?)

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @rblumjose ...

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, Canvas does not let students revise/edit their assignments once they are submitted.  They can only re-submit the assignment to you.  Everything is time/date stamped for you via the SpeedGrader, and you can always see all submissions from a particular student for a given assignment.  But, no, there, isn't a way for students to revise their work once submitted.

If you wanted to see that kind of functionality built in to Canvas, I would recommend that you consider submitting it as a Feature Idea (or search to see if a similar idea already exists).  From any screen here in the Community, click on the PRODUCT menu at the top of the screen, and then click on IDEA CONVERSATIONS.  You'll see a "Suggest an idea" button to get started.  Here are a few Guides to help you along the way:

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this has helped to answer your question.  Let Community members know if you have any other question about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.