cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Can students take a photo right in Canvas?

I know how students can record a video or voice, but can they take a photo of their work to be posted directly into their assignment or discussion - without needing to take a photo and go through steps to upload (for example taking a photo in Google Slides, then uploading that image into Canvas)?  I've used a platform called Seesaw that allows students to do this, but don't see it anywhere in Canvas.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I'm in your exact shoes!  We used SeeSaw in the spring and I'm building a Canvas right now.  Would love to find a way for our students to directly submit a photo for an assignment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer II

Hi jlyles,

I just tried it with the Canvas Student App (Android phone) to take a photo to submit for my assignment. And yep, no problem! I still need to work on orienting my phone camera in the correct direction, but the image I took uploaded. I'm sure one could also select a pre-existing photo.

submit from Mobile.jpg

So I guess the question is, what device are your students using and what settings did you put for the assignment submission options?

0c054f6f-8b7a-40e1-925e-1ef9845e4028

See more at How do I edit assignment details?

Cheers - Shar

0 Kudos