Can't access areas of Canvas

Jump to solution
rayala
Community Novice

It lets me click on side bar options. Ex: courses, dashboard, etc.

Dashboard just shows me flickering rectangles.

Courses shows me my course. I can click on a course. But nothing shows when I click on something like "quizzes, assignments, etc". If I click on something in the middle of the course page like "module 1" it then shows nothing as well.

Do I need to download java or something? I don't know what to do.

Any help thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @rayala  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  This sounds like a very similar issue that lots of students are posting about today here in the Community.  What web browser are you using?  If you are using Internet Explorer 11, then that browser is no longer supported by Canvas.  You need to download either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as you web browser of choice.  Which browsers does Canvas support? 

Here is an example of another student with similar issues that you may also be experiencing: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/37893-when-i-logged-into-canvas-my-dashboard-had-my-class-on-... 

I hope this information will be of help to you, Roxalena.  Please sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes