Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlugo1
Explorer II

Can't conclude a course

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have 1 course that does not have a "conclude this course" option and I'm not certain how that happened. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, 

José

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mzimmerman
Adventurer III

Hi Jose,

I would check with your local Canvas admin.  At some schools (like mine), we set things up so that instructors can do some functions such as resetting, concluding, or deleting the class only in their "sandbox" or development courses, not in their "official" courses which are automatically created and enrolled from the SIS system.

Mike

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mzimmerman
Adventurer III

Hi Jose,

I would check with your local Canvas admin.  At some schools (like mine), we set things up so that instructors can do some functions such as resetting, concluding, or deleting the class only in their "sandbox" or development courses, not in their "official" courses which are automatically created and enrolled from the SIS system.

Mike

View solution in original post

Hi Mike, and Thank you for replying. I am the local admin and that's why

this is so perplexing.

I appreciate your response.

José

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 10:24 AM mzimmerman@unomaha.edu <

Hi  @jlugo1 ‌,

What exactly do you see when you try to conclude the course?  Also, do you actually have an instructor role in the course?  Under many situations, we've see course-level role permissions conflict with admin-level permissions, so if you're an instructor in the course and instructors are not allowed to conclude the course from within the course settings, that might still be blocked even if you are an admin (though you might be able to conclude the course from the Admin > Courses menu...)

Mike

Mike,

What's missing is "conclude this course" option. I have been concluding all

our 2019 courses and this one is the only one that does not have this

option.

And after reading your email I checked the settings and thy are different!

Thanks !

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 2:56 PM mzimmerman@unomaha.edu <

ysmalls
Adventurer III

Hi  @jlugo1 ,

The only thing that comes to mind is that it's not a course in which you are a teacher in?  In my district only teachers in a course have that ability.  My last suggestion would be to submit a ticket and I'm sure someone with more access to your institutions setup can give you a more detailed answer.

Have a great day.

HI Yaddira,

I think you are right. I appreciate you replying.

Thanks!