cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Can't download certain files?

For some reason there are some files that I can't properly download. When I press download in canvas, I end up getting an unopenable web file with the defined file type as "file". There are some files that download properly, however some don't work. One of my previous professors said that there were no issues with the other students, it was only me. I have two computers and the files don't properly download on either of them. This semester is going to be really rough if I can't figure it out.

Tags (2)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi mknox950@insite.4cd.edu, apologies for the delay in answering your question. Have you been able to solve this issue?

If not, here are a few guides that might help: 

Sing out if you still need a hand.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have files that I can't download and I created them.  HELP!  I have moved "Files" up to the student navigation bar, that helped with pages and assigments but files is still stuck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

HI kpalese@sdsu.eduE, I understand how you have made Files accessible to students in the course navigation. I'm wondering if you have not published them or acknowledged copyright. 

here are a couple of guides for those.

How do I upload a file to a course?

How do I set usage rights and user access for a course file? 

How do I download a single file as an instructor?

How do I restrict files and folders to students in Canvas?

Hopefully they help. Sing out if you need a hand. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I found the answer. It was an sdsu control about downloading multiple documents. Thank you

Kate

Highlighted
Learner II

Gosh, I haven't heard of that one. Nice work you!

Best of luck with your Canvas adventure. 

0 Kudos
Labels