cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsoslow
Community Member

Can't drag some assignments from one assignment group to another

I am prohibited from dragging some assignments from one assignment group to another (red circle with line through it appears).  However, these assignments can be moved using the Assignment Group dropdown menu in the edit view of the assignment.

Has anyone encountered this issue?  Is there a solution?

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@jsoslow ​, I don't think the Community is going to be able to give you a definitive answer on this, so I'd recommend that you contact Canvas Support (How do I get help with Canvas?​). Out of curiosity, though, are you using multiple grading periods? If so, that's probably a factor, but I don't know the nuance between using drag-and-drop and the gear, so again, Support can give you better insight on that.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Have you tried switching internet browsers (ex: Firefox or Chrome)? I'd give that a try and if it doesn't help then contact support.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@jsoslow ‌, it's been a while since we heard from you. Were you able to get an answer to this question with the help of Canvas Support, and if so, would you take a moment to update the Community on the response?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Just checking back in, were you able to get this to work?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jsoslow ...

We haven't heard from you since you first posted this question in early December.  I thought I would check in with you because members of the Canvas Community have been trying to reach out to you since early February.  Have you had a chance to review the responses from stefaniesanders‌ and  @kona ‌?  If so, did either of those responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for assistance with your initial question.  If you feel that one of the above responses has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark it as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for help, please post a message below so that members of the Canvas Community can continue to help you with your initial question.  For now, because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for quite some time, I'm going to mark it as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below..  I hope this is okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you, Jason.