cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathanpetzold
Community Member

Can't find menus

Jump to solution

Hello, I am new to canvas and I need some help.

I am a student trying to find my course on canvas. I tried to look for how to find it in the help section but all it does is keep pointing me towards menus that do not exist on my computer. What I need to find the most right now is the Courses menu, which I need to view to see if I have even been properly added to my course or not.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @nathanpetzold  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your message.  To confirm, are you logging in to Canvas via this website (I'm hoping I'm pointing you to the right school): NWCCD | MyNWCCD at Sheridan & Gillette College in WY | NWCCD?  MyNWCCD appears to be the "gateway" to get signed in to Canvas.  Since I don't work at or attend this school, I won't be able to give further direction on where to go after getting logged in.  Hopefully you'll be able to find a link once signed in that will take you into the Canvas environment.  Then, in Canvas, you'll want to click on "Courses" >> "All Courses".  Your course(s) should be listed there.  If you don't see the course(s) you are taking, you'll want to reach out to someone at your school who is a local Canvas administrator.  Or, if you can talk with your instructor or someone at your school's Registration department, they may be able to help as well.  I hope this information will be of help to you, Nathan!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @nathanpetzold  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your message.  To confirm, are you logging in to Canvas via this website (I'm hoping I'm pointing you to the right school): NWCCD | MyNWCCD at Sheridan & Gillette College in WY | NWCCD?  MyNWCCD appears to be the "gateway" to get signed in to Canvas.  Since I don't work at or attend this school, I won't be able to give further direction on where to go after getting logged in.  Hopefully you'll be able to find a link once signed in that will take you into the Canvas environment.  Then, in Canvas, you'll want to click on "Courses" >> "All Courses".  Your course(s) should be listed there.  If you don't see the course(s) you are taking, you'll want to reach out to someone at your school who is a local Canvas administrator.  Or, if you can talk with your instructor or someone at your school's Registration department, they may be able to help as well.  I hope this information will be of help to you, Nathan!

View solution in original post

Hello Chris! I have just now realized that I overlooked something obvious; You are right, MyNWCCD website is the gateway into the Canvas environment, but I thought I had to use the website we are on right now to access it. I actually was on the website I was looking for already! Thank you for your reply, it got me to look where I needed to.

Hi  @nathanpetzold ...

Thanks for the reply!  Yes, the Canvas Community website (the site that we are on right now) is completely different than your school's Canvas environment.  The URLs for the Community and your school's Canvas environment are completely different as well.

The Canvas Community website is actually powered by Jive, and they provide the back-bone interface for all the forums, blogs, videos, Guides, etc. that we have access to here in the Community website.  After you sign in to your Canvas environment, then you can typically access the Community website via a single sign-on process which is described in the document How do I log into the Community with my Canvas account?.

Hope this extra bit of information is helpful to you, Nathan.