Can't login to Teacher App on Android 8.0

Jump to solution
cewilliams2
Community Novice

Hello,
    I can log into canvas on my browser just fine, however I can't login to the app on my phone (Android S7 active, 8.0 all up to date). When I hit login, it takes me to a screen that says "Not a Teacher?"

I have logged into the app on a friends Iphone just fine. When I go under my settings in canvas it shows that my phone has logged in (I deleted the Iphone login 1st).

I get personalized notifications from the app on my phone, but can't login.
     I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared the data and the cache of the app and cleared the phone cache as well.
    Any ideas?

1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Curtis,

Just a wild guess here.....  Are you a teacher and is it between terms at your school?  I think that the Canvas teacher app only lets people who are enrolled in at least one course as a teacher log in.  The message you said you are receiving makes it sound like the app doesn't think you are a teacher.  If none of the courses you are enrolled in as a teacher are "active", meaning between the start and end dates of either the courses or terms, it could be Canvas isn't recognizing you as a teacher right now.  

Again, just a guess but if it sounds plausible maybe check with your local Canvas admin to see if they can get you enrolled in an active course as a teacher and if that has any affect on being able to log in to the app.  

Rick

View solution in original post