cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradhorn
Community Member

Can't make quiz changes

Jump to solution

Run into a problem—in fiddling around and trying to set up a course and learn how to use Canvas I believe I inadvertently started "officially" taking a quiz. Now I'm unable to make changes to the quiz because "someone has already started taking it." Lost on how to get out of this pickle. Your wise insights are appreciated. Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Brad:

If you inadvertently took the quiz as your built-in "Test Student" (by using the Student View function), then simply go back to Student View, and in the bottom right corner click "Reset Student". That will clear your test student attempt and permit you to make changes.

One more quick tip: export the quiz to another classroom, delete the quiz in its original classroom, then import your copy back.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Brad:

If you inadvertently took the quiz as your built-in "Test Student" (by using the Student View function), then simply go back to Student View, and in the bottom right corner click "Reset Student". That will clear your test student attempt and permit you to make changes.

One more quick tip: export the quiz to another classroom, delete the quiz in its original classroom, then import your copy back.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Awesome! Thanks a lot, Kelley. Yeah, that's it. Thanks for schooling me. -Brad

By the way, resetting my Test Student (and even deleting her or him) didn't do the trick—I was still locked out of the quiz. But duplicating the problematic quiz and then deleting it did the job. At least so far. Thanks again.